We have many talented academics working to inform our innovative solutions at Phytobiotics North America, one of the best being our Director of Technical Services and Regulatory, Dr. Marcos Rostagno. An information addict and animal health expert, his main area of expertise is Preventative Veterinary Medicine.
When he’s not reading scientific journals, he’s writing for them. His most recent review focuses on one of the most intricate and complex, but insistently common, challenges faced by the poultry industry: heat stress.
Heat stress challenges poultry producers worldwide. Time and again it has negatively impacted the health, welfare, and productivity of broilers, turkeys and laying hens leading to increased losses.
Basic mechanisms associated with the reported effects of heat stress are still not fully understood because the adaptive response of poultry to a heat stress situation is complex and intricate in nature. However, with continued study, we can work to close the knowledge gap.
Download Marcos’ in-depth full review from the Journal of Animal Science to:
- Read an objective overview of the scientific evidence available on the effects of heat stress.
- Understand how heat stress and the intestinal tract are connected.
- Learn about the behavioral effects of heat stress.
- Understand the effects of the heat stress response on different facets of the intestinal tract including its physiology, integrity, immunology, and microbiota.
- Learn about the risk to food safety when poultry faces heat stress.
Heat stress is one of the most important environmental stressors challenging poultry production worldwide, leading to reduced production performance and decreased poultry and egg quality. By better understanding how the intestinal tract is affected when birds are subjected to heat stress conditions, more targeted interventions can be developed and applied.
Phytobiotics North America, LLC
Join our mailing list!
Sign up to be the first to get notified on
news and updates from Phytobiotics.